Gross Motor Skills:
- Able to skip
- Walks on tip toes
- Dresses and undresses without help
Fine Motor Skills:
- Draws a person with head, arms and legs
- Copy geometric shapes with more accuracy
- Cuts and pastes paper
- Learns to tie his or her shoes
- Manages own bathroom needs
- Makes friends easily and plays well with them
- Can have conversations easily
- Names several colors
- Counts to 10
- Knows own body parts
- Uses descriptive words such as higher, lower, heavy, etc.
- Uses future tense
- Understands what is right and what is wrong
- Understands what is fair and unfair
- Plays make-believe such as mommy, baby, etc.
- Begins to control himself or herself
Things you can do to help your child’s development:
- Listen, understand, and respect your child.
- Praise your child for all progress, academically and physically.
- Continue reading and crafts with your child.
- Enrich your child’s life with experiences to places such as the zoo or the library.
- Continue to allow your child to make decisions such as what they want to wear or where they’d like to go.